- This event has passed.
Developing and Negotiating with Cost Models
April 4, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Provide the knowledge required to build, analyze supplier pricing with and negotiate with should-be cost models.
This course is intended for purchasing teams that want to develop and use should-be cost models to validate supplier pricing. It includes tools for developing cost models based upon supplier quotes and/or physical part attributes as well as negotiation techniques to effectively use the models in supplier pricing negotiations.
Buyers, commodity managers, and purchasing managers with experience analyzing detailed cost breakdowns
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how to build detailed cost breakdown formats that make building should-be models easy
- Build should-be cost models based upon supplier detailed cost breakdowns and physical part attributes
- Systematically analyze supplier quotes against cost models to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Successfully prepare for cost negotiations using should-be cost models
- Plan a strategic approach for specific negotiations that will lead to better results and more productive relationships
Download a one page course summary HERE