- This event has passed.
Cost Knowledge Approach to Purchasing Die Casting
October 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Provide the knowledge required for purchasing professionals buying die cast components. Participants will learn how to develop specific cost breakdowns and should-be models to estimate costs, pricing, and key manufacturing metrics for die castings.
During the training you will learn the skills to successfully negotiate direct materials pricing with casting suppliers. This course provides training, examples and real-life cases based upon knowledge-based price negotiations with suppliers.
Buyers, commodity managers, and purchasing managers with experience analyzing detailed cost breakdowns
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the key elements that molding detailed cost breakdown formats need to incorporate to make understanding costs and building should-be models easy
- Build should-be molding cost models based upon supplier detailed cost breakdowns and physical part attributes
- Use physical part attributes of components to build models and to estimate cost, machine tonnage requirements, cycle time and scrap percentages
- Systematically analyze supplier quotes against cost models to identify specific cost reduction opportunities
- Successfully prepare for molding cost negotiations using should-be cost models
- Develop strategic approaches for negotiations that will lead to better results and more productive relationships
Download a one page course summary HERE